Thursday 5 January 2023

WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE.

CHAPTER 7.

Chapter 7.

Mia’s point of view…

Fuck, I kissed Grayson. This wasn’t meant to happen, but I couldn’t help but to enjoy our kiss. His sweet taste on my lips, his large hands spreading warmth over my skin under the cold water. The feeling of his stubble rubbing against my skin which I weirdly enjoyed. After the break-up with Erick I hadn’t been with anyone. Even whilst I was with Erick I was never kissed like this before, a kiss that has me wanting more.

I only pulled away when I needed to breathe, “Grayson…”

“Mia, you kissed me,” Grayson’s lips parted his eyes still on my lips before meeting with my eyes.

“I’m so sor-” I began to apologise, but got cut off by his lips on mine again. I ran my fingers through his curls, tugging him closer to me as our lips moved in sync. I felt him nibble on my lower lip, a smirk formed on my lips. He seeked entrance and I easily denied him. Grayson groaned against my lips, he squeezed my ass harshly causing me to whimper and before I knew it his tongue slid over mine, starting a battle I was bound to lose the moment it started. When he finally pulled away he placed a kiss on my lips then moved his hands from my ass and rested it on my hips.

“We uh we should get out now,” I muttered, avoiding looking him in the eyes, knowing I’d drown in them the moment I entered that trance. It’s one thing I really hated about him, how gorgeous his eyes were and it wasn’t fair.

“Mhm, it’s dinner time,” He removed his hands from my body and started walking to the shore.

“Should we talk about it?” I wondered. I was assured it wasn’t normal to kiss your co-worker, much less the one you hate.

“I’m thinking of a food truck that Viv raved about,” Grayson slipped on his slippers and took his white shirt that he had previously lent me. I loved that shirt so much only because it smelled exactly like him, sandalwood and warm amber. It was a sweet yet manly scent that always filled the room the moment he stepped in- it didn’t help that the offices were all small, the perfect type size for one worker per office.

“Viv, great,” I rolled my eyes without thinking and walked along with him.

“Are you jealous, Emilia?” Grayson teased, looking at me with a shit-eating grin on his face.

“You wish,” I shoved him in the chest and walked past him.

“You wouldn’t mind if I invited Viv then right?” Grayson wondered, easily catching up to me.

“Do you mind if I invite Makani?” I knew since the moment Grayson met Makani that he did not like him one bit. I didn’t understand why. Makani was a nice dude and perhaps during dinner he can realise that.

“By all means, go ahead,” He shrugged, shutting off once again.

That was all I needed to hear. I’d most definitely ask Makani once we’re at the hotel and I could find my phone. Our feet collected more sand which we rinsed off by the faucet outside the hotel, now I understood why the faucet was there. After we washed our feet we went up to our room and I launched to the bed for my phone.

‘Sup?’ I texted.

‘Hello doll’ He replied rather quickly.

‘Have any plans for dinner?’ I asked, walking to the mini fridge near the front door.

‘Uh none, what’s up?’ He replied. I smiled and immediately asked, ‘Care to join Grayson and I? I’ll text you the address’

‘Sure, can’t wait!’ Makani replied. I grinned and opened the soda, taking a quick sip of it then rested it on the table and ran to Grayson who was last seen in the bedroom area.

“Grayson-” I called only to be scared for life. Just as I stepped in the room he finished wrapping the towel around his naked lower half. I technically didn’t see anything but had I been one second earlier I would’ve seen his member.

“Goddamnit, Mia!” Grayson was startled by me, his hands turning into fists in the white towel. “I-uh- What’s wrong?” He let out a breathy exhale.

“Nothing, I just came to tell you Makani will be joining us,” I stuttered, looking down at my painted toenails.

“Great, I was just texting Viv,” Grayson then threw his phone onto the bed.

“Dressed like that?” I raised a brow at him. Things weren’t looking good for him and we all know I’d never turn down a chance to tease him.

“Perhaps she needs some motivation,” Grayson winked at me, those pink lips curling into a smirk.

“Gross, where do they keep the bleach? My ears need some,” I screeched and buried my face in my hands.

“I’m kidding, we work in IT don’t you think I know these things are permanent,” He rolled his eyes and walked to the shower.

“Thank goodness,” I mumbled and searched for an outfit in my suitcase. I should probably unpack but I was still too lazy for that. I noticed Grayson hadn’t done so either. Perhaps if I unpack first I can claim this room and he can take the next one once there’s a free room.

“Okay before I hop in the shower I need you to choose the activity for tomorrow. We go on this cruise boat that takes us snorkelling and afterwards we’ll have a sunset dinner on the same cruise boat. And option two is road to hana tour where we’ll be able to swim as well but at this waterfall,” As he spoke he had taken my unlocked phone to type in the locations on my phone and showed me pictures of both activities. Both of which I wanted to do so badly.

“Do I have to choose?” I whined.

“I want to do both but you can pick which one we’ll do tomorrow and we’ll do the other the day after tomorrow,” He shrugged. I grinned, perhaps he should be picking all the activities. He seems to have good things planned.

“I pick…. Cruise boat first,” I decided. The cruise and snorkelling sounded like a ton of fun plus I wasn’t ready to go hiking- just yet. Volleyball tired me out, this was different than in highschool then again I was also a bit younger there wasn’t I?

“Good, I’ll see if their reservation can be made then,” Grayson walked back to the bed and took his phone before going into the shower. I wish I could judge him for taking his phone to the bathroom with him but I was just the same.

I left the room and sat on the balcony, legs on top of the railing as I scrolled down my social media. After a good 15 minutes I heard the water stop and two minutes after I heard a tapping on the glass door. I turned around and saw Grayson in his towel. Water dripping from his hair down onto his damp skin, down his rock solid abs, all the way down that stupid v-shape I only ever saw on photos. I got up and walked back inside.

“You can go shower,” He walked back. My eyes set on his muscled back. Why couldn’t he be like most geeks at our office? Where did he even find the time to workout? And since when did I like muscular backs?

“You didn’t think to dress decently?” The words left my mouth without a second thought.

“You’ve seen me way less when we went swimming,” He pointed out, which was essentially true. His swimming trunks were a bit shorter than the towel around his waist. But the fact that he was completely naked under the towel just made it weird.

“It’s different,” I muttered and grabbed my towel, entering the cold, cold shower because this man was as weird as they came.

“Whatever Emilia, I’ll go change,” He walked off to the hallway, the only place that we could properly change in. The toilet room was too small and had a small mirror whereas the hallway had a mirror for the wall. The table by the hallway was covered in our toiletries.

When I finished showering I announced I was coming out of the bathroom and Grayson told me he’d wait for me in the lobby. I did my best to be as fast as possible. I settled for a blue sundress and adjusted the thin straps so it wouldn’t fall over my shoulders constantly. I did my usual body care routine only with some extra sprays of perfume then put on my sandals, took my purse and was out the door.

When the elevator door opened I saw Grayson on one of the couches in the lobby, sitting with one leg over the other, talking on the phone. When his eyes met mine he ended the call and stood up straight. This man in casual clothes will be the death of me. His messy hair will also be the death of me, Grayson Solace will be the death of me but not in the way I had always imagined. This vacation was slowly getting to me and I wasn’t even here for three days.

“You look… Lovely,” Grayson commented, checking me out openly as if it was something we always did.

“You don’t look too bad yourself. Red suits you,” I admitted. Red was beautiful on everyone but Grayson? He owned red, especially when the shirt fit him just perfectly to show off the body he had.

We decided to take a taxi to the place as it was not within walking distance for us. Grayson mentioned something about renting a car but I was too busy staring out the window to properly listen to him plus the taxi driver played the music a little too loud.

Just as we arrived we saw Makani and Vivian walking towards us. Vivian wore this navy maxi-dress that flowed behind her perfectly with the wind, her black hair styled in a tamed ponytail, she even put on some casual jewellery. Her overly floral scent filled my nose as she came to hug Grayson. I stepped aside and went to Makani. Without a single word spoken Makani pulled me in for a hug too, my nose coming right in the crook of his neck. His soft, oceany scent taking over Vivian’s.

“Come on, let’s go order,” Grayson took my hand and led the way to the food truck. 

WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE.

CHAPTER 18. “Yes, hold on,” I hastily removed my shirt and put on the pile of our bag and her leggings. “Wait, don’t you want photos first?”...