Thursday 15 December 2022

LOVE AFTER DEATH.

CHAPTER 7.

I woke up on my stomach and half under Death’s hulking body. Being the little spoon was crushing my internal organs and I wondered how we got here in the first place. I could see I was now on his side of the bed, despite falling asleep on the other side.

By his steady breathing, I determined he was still asleep which gave me the chance to slip out without him knowing. The only problem was that, besides his huge body pressing into me, his arm had also snaked around my waist, pressing me into him some more.

I started by untangling our legs with little to no success. I had never met someone with heavier legs than his in my life. So, I tried to wiggle my way out next.

Inch by inch I gained some space until I was almost out from under him before his arm suddenly shoved me back to where I was before.

“Keep wiggling,” he ground out, “and I won’t be responsible for what happens next.”

The low rumbling of his morning voice almost made me take up his offer before remembering who I was thinking about.

“You’re disgusting,” I replied over my shoulder. “And you are the one who grabbed me. Let go.”

To his credit, he did let me go.

He groaned deeply as he lifted himself off me as if it was the most difficult thing he’d ever done. I briefly imagined how he’d groan while thrusting into me and heat gathered between my legs before I banished all these thoughts out of my mind.

As soon as I had space to move, I fled from his bed. I speed-walked into the living room where I found my clothes. I didn’t really want to wear them again but seeing as I didn’t have any other clothes, I didn’t have a choice.

I quietly listened for Death’s movements until I heard him go into his bathroom, giving me a small window of time to put them all on. I started by wiggling myself into the slightly too-small jeans. I get that he had to guess my size but I’d rather have clothes that were too big.

Next, I threw off his oversized shirt before putting on my bra. Before putting on the shirt as well I had to turn it inside out first since I didn’t want to look like a crazy person.

“You know,” a voice behind me suddenly started, causing me to turn around, “you don’t have to wear a shirt in my house if you don’t want to. I rather like this view I’m getting,” he finished while looking at my boobs.

I just stared at him blankly, not even bothering to pretend I cared. Somewhere behind those golden eyes, I could see he was a little disappointed in my non-reaction.

Good.

So I turned and continued putting on my shirt, giving him a little show in the process. Two can play this little game, Death.

“Don’t you have an actual job to do? Or is being a total pervert your daytime gig?”

He clasped his hand together and I could see the delight on his face when I finally reacted. Like tormenting me brought him tremendous joy. Which it probably did, knowing him.

“Now that you mention it, I do have a job to do,” he said while getting closer. He moved slowly but deliberately, like a predator closing in on its prey. “I’ll be gone for a few hours, try not to burn this place down.”

“I need clothes,” I blurted out. I didn’t know where it came from, maybe his movements did make me a little more nervous than I was willing to admit.

That evil glint in his eyes returned before he said, “Do you now?”

“What’s that even supposed to mean?”

He just shrugged lazily. “Nothing, Here,” he said while handing me a card. It turned it around to inspect it to find it was a credit card. A thousand ideas were running through my brain as to what the worst way to spend all his money would be. I could silly string this whole place but I was sure he’d just make it disappear with the snap of his fingers.

“Thanks,” I casually replied while holding the card up. His eyes narrowed at me but he didn’t say anything.

“Can I get you anything while I’m there?” I asked out of politeness. I already knew this guy had way too many clothes, most of them black. But it would be bad manners not to ask.

“Get some more of that red lingerie you were wearing before.”

White-hot rage suddenly shot through me before I grabbed the nearest object, which happened to be a stack of coasters, and hurled it at his face. Just before they hit him, he was gone. But I swear I could faintly hear him laughing.

the coasters hit the floor in the now empty room and I realized I didn’t even know where the shops were. Sighing, I went to put on my shoes by the door before walking out in search of them.

“Excuse me, ma’am,” I asked the first person I could find, which happened to be a middle-aged woman. “Could you tell me where I can find any clothing stores?”

Her brown hair had streaks of white in them and I could only hope my hair would look this cool when I got older. If I ever got the chance to.

“Oh dearie, are you new?” she replied kindly. I didn’t feel like explaining my whole situation so I just nodded in confirmation.

“Well, there is a dedicated shopping district not too far from here. Just follow the main road and then you’ll see the signs. You can take the bus but it’s manageable on foot as well, if you prefer that. There you will find every type of clothing you may want. But let me give you a word of advice,” she said while getting closer to me, “don’t steal.”

I remembered Death’s reasoning behind not having locks on his door and how people would go to hell for that down here. He hadn’t explained if that applied to me as well, seeing as he admitted he was the one keeping me here. I’d have to ask him when he got back.

“Thank you,” I replied, “I’ll keep that in mind.”

After walking for a few minutes I noticed the streets were getting busier and busier. It seemed that everyone around here gathered around the shopping district because as soon as I reached it there was just a mass of people bustling around.

The district was large, I could see that. But there also weren’t any skyscrapers around, just little shops right next to each other on every corner. And they sold everything.

From clothes to furniture to jewelry and shoes. Chances were if you were looking for something, you’d find it right here.

I’d seen some shops outside this district before. When Death and I went out to eat I spotted a few stray shops here and there. But this was on a whole other level.

I peeked inside every shop while making my way through the crowd until I spotted a black dress in the window of a small boutique. Why it caught my eye, I didn’t know. It was simple yet elegant and I knew this was the right thing to spend his money on.

So I went inside and tried it on. It went down to my mid-tigh and the sleeves stopped at the elbow. The collar was wide enough for my collarbones to show and I decided I looked amazing in it.

Suddenly, a slight draft breezed through the fitting room, and before I could react Death appeared behind me.

The room wasn’t nearly big enough to fit his large frame and he slightly hovered over me while grinning like a cat. “Hello, Lilly.”

“Hi, Death.”

“This dress looks good on you,” he said. I was about to thank him for the compliment when he continued, “I bet it looks even better when it’s off.”

I scowled at him through the mirror since I had no room to turn around. Why did he have to ruin absolutely everything all the time?

“Didn’t you say you were going to be gone for literal hours?”

He just shrugged while grabbing a strand of my hair and twirling it around his finger. “It went better than I expected and I didn’t want you to miss me.”

I rolled my eyes at his arrogance. I hadn’t even thought of him once since he left.

He suddenly stepped forward, pressing his body into me. I wanted to tell him to fuck off, to shove him out of the fitting room, but I couldn’t find it in me to actually do it.

I was curious as to how far he’d go when given the chance.

When I didn’t react he grinned at me through the mirror, causing me to narrow my eyes at him just to let him know he was on thin ice.

His left hand wandered down to my thigh, running the tips of his fingers over it with a softness I hadn’t known he possessed all while still holding my eyes. I didn’t dare look away now in fear of what I would do.

I was so focused on the feeling of his fingertips running up my thigh I hadn’t been paying attention to his right hand, which now squeezed my hip. I gasped softly at the feeling while trying to ignore the wetness that was starting to gather between my legs.

His head dipped down until his mouth was behind my ear where he pressed down the softest kiss I’d ever gotten. His nose nuzzled my hair before he whispered, “What are you doing to me, Lilly?”

WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE.

CHAPTER 18. “Yes, hold on,” I hastily removed my shirt and put on the pile of our bag and her leggings. “Wait, don’t you want photos first?”...