Thursday 5 January 2023

WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE.

CHAPTER 5.
Grayson’s point of view. 

Emilia was saved by the waitress who came and took our order. I decided to lay off the flirting and teasing for now. We enjoyed a peaceful dinner with a short conversation shared between us. I hated looking at her, I was scared of getting lost in those honey brown eyes, I was scared I’d cave in. I still remembered the first day I saw her. 

Three years ago…

I crossed my arms, staring at the lines of codes on my screen. So much for being a full stack developer. This was only so hard because it was Prem’s start up, but damn I never thought I’d get bored of a computer screen. I looked over at the front door when it opened. A short lady stepped in. I looked down at her black boots, slowly sliding my eyes up the black tights she wore under the white and black plaid skirt. She tucked in her black turtleneck under the skirt. Her dark brown curls came all the way down to her waist and well taken care of. Her lips were a natural shade that went with her tan skin. Our eyes met and fuck those are the prettiest eyes I’ve ever seen. Those honey brown eyes showed such innocence and excitement I couldn’t quite figure out. What caught my attention was the lion pendant around her neck. Something about it drew my attention. God, I hoped she was a client. Only she wasn’t, she turned out to be an intern put under my surveillance ruining my thoughts. I could never hit on an intern. Both our jobs required me to be professional which is exactly what I was but somewhere along the line she turned out to be quite sassy and I came to realise I did not like that behaviour. 

“Hello? Grayson?” I heard her call my name and snapped out of the trance I was in. I took the last sip from my water. There may or may not have been a special deal tonight on drinks. Mia and I did the dumb thing and caved in, trying their four special cocktails which I knew would soon make see hazy but at least I’d be going straight to bed after this. 

“Hm?” I hummed and watched as she ate the slice of pineapple, completely finishing everything we had on our table. 

“I asked if you’re ready to go? I’m a little tired,” Her heavy eyes focused on me and only me. 

“Oh yes. Go ahead, I’ll take care of the bill,” I motioned for her to leave and looked around to see if I could find the waitress to ask for the bill.

“You don’t have-” She was about to protest but I wasn’t in the mood for that right now. The Frozen rum runner was finally starting to work. I was assured Mia nor me could walk straight if we were to get up. 

“Go to our room. I said I’ll take care of it,” I narrowed my eyes on her, my tone demanding which made her nod and look away from my eyes. 

“Lunch is on me then,” She decided. 

“Sure,” I shrugged, already knowing by the time tomorrow comes I’d play this same game again. 

After paying off the bill Mia and I got up. Just as expected, she was wobbling- we were wobbling but it appears I had a better balance than her. She almost stumbled over but I caught her by her waist, pulling her into me. 

“Easy there, shortstack,” I whispered into her ear and helped stand up straight, then reached for her hand and laced our fingers together without thinking and guided the both of us to the elevator.

Mia and I stared at the elevator, waiting for it to come down to us. A woman joined our side and looked at us. “Did you press the button already?” She asked, Mia and I both looked at each other and laughed when we realised we had been waiting for five minutes already without ever pressing the button. I reached over to press the button in within a minute the doors opened.

When we got to the room we were reminded again of our sleeping situation but I couldn’t be bothered. I kicked off my shoes at the door and walked to the bed. Mia stared at me, hands on her hips, “I have to shower…” 

I let out a groan. “I’m too wasted to wait outside. I’ll just sleep and face the other side,” I decided, already taking out a pair of sweatpants to change into. I was surprised when I didn’t hear her object. I changed in the toilet, slipped on the sweatpants and collected my previous outfit. I threw it onto the table then dove straight into bed. I turned around by accident and saw her in the shower behind the foggy glass wall- thank fuck she was showering with hot water. I almost became sober at the sight of her naked silhouette. The condensation stopped right above her breast. Her collarbone and face were to be seen quite clearly. I closed my eyes- this was so fucking wrong. I hasilty turned to face the other side. The alcohol in my system put me straight to sleep. 


When the next morning came around I felt a slight headache working its way. I was about to turn to my left when I felt something on my arm. I opened my eyes and saw Mia had found her way to me. Her head on my chest, the curls sprawled all over my arm and chest, one of her legs and arms draping over my body as if I was some teddy bear. When I subtly made a sound, hoping she’d get off she instead snuggled closer, burying her nose into the crook of my neck. I turned to look at her, her sweet scent overpowering. She smelled like coconuts and vanilla, so fucking sweet I couldn’t help but to take another sniff. I felt her soft skin flush against mine, I looked down and noticed she was dressed in just a pair of flimsy shorts that rode up her body the position she was laying in and a tank top with nothing else under. Ok, now it has officially been enough.

“Mia, it’s time to wake up,” I gently nudged her side but she didn’t bother moving. 

“Noooo,” She groaned, shutting her eyes tighter and clung onto me. 

“As much as it boosts my ego to see you cuddle me, I think we better get up and get ready,” I whispered into her ear, goosebumps rising on her skin when she came to realise what had been going on. 

“I- Ew, get off from me,” Her eyes shot open, those honey orbs shooting daggers at me. 

“You’re the one laying on top of me,” I reminded her, looking down at our position. There was nowhere for me to move. She was not only on my side of the bed but she was also on top of me. ‘My side of the bed’ as if we had discussed this beforehand. 

“Oh my god, why are you not wearing a shirt?” She gasped when rolled over to the other side, taking a bit of the blanket with her. 

“Are you getting distracted, shortcake?” I smirked when I caught her gazing off at my torso constantly. Thanks to the gym for giving me this teasing point. 

“Very inappropriate,” She scolded as I tugged the blanket back to my body and held it over my body. I raised a brow at her words then chuckled and said, “Inappropriate would be you pressing your body against me like I’m a teddy bear when you’re dressed in the thinnest clothes.” 

She grew silent and her eyes avoided looking into mine. Yup, she had nothing left to say now. Mia suddenly had the urge to take the blanket from my body and before she could pull it away completely I grabbed it and re-adjusted it. I wasn’t in the mood for sharing a blanket. Especially right now. 

“Let go of the blanket will you,” She glared at me, tugging at the blanket but it was no match for my strength. 

“No,” I glared, holding it over my lower body that most definitely needed covering right now. 

“Grayson-” Mia whined, my name rolling off her lips so perfectly- fuck this was not helping me. “Oh my god, are you hard right now?” Her hands flew over her mouth as she looked at me with wide eyes.

“No,” I lied and moved around uncomfortably. 

“Then let go of the blanket,” She dared, still holding her end of the blanket and pulled it inch by inch but I put a stop to it before it left my body. 

“You might not comprehend what you’ll see,” I narrowed my eyes on her. There was a moment of hesitation. 

“I’m a big girl,” She decided. 

“Careful now, you might want a taste,” I tried everything I could to make her let go, shameless flirting was the last resort. 

“And you’d enjoy that very much. I was barely holding you and that happened,” A proud smirk finding its way to her face. 

“Don’t flatter yourself, some morning wood is quite common,” I informed her, though it wasn’t too common for me… She might actually be right but if I admitted she made me hard I would never live this down. 

“So this wouldn’t do anything? Would it?” Mia surprised me by resting her hand on my thigh under the blanket. Her hand slid up further and further over my sweatpants. “Grayson,” She called, holding the eye contact we made. 

“Dear to move your hand up one more centimetre and I won’t be responsible for what happens next,” I warned, but I should’ve known better than to dare her. Emilia never, ever backs down from a dare of mine. Her hand went up all the way, her fingertips brushing over my hardened cock when I grabbed her hand and pinned it above her head, moving my body to hover above her. I pushed my body down onto her, I looked down at her. My eyes scanned hers, there was a certain look in her face I couldn’t decipher yet, from up close I could see how long and dark her lashes were, her perfect nose bridge, the small scar on her left cheek that had been healing for over years. My eyes dropped down to her parted lips. I leaned down closer and closer till my lips hovered over hers and stopped right there. Emilia closed her eyes, moving her head up a little more. Little minx wanted this just as much as I did. 

Satisfied with the reaction I got from her I was about to pull away with a smirk on my face. “Don’t take my threats lightly next time,” I whispered into her ear then rolled off from her, sitting at the edge of the bed. 

“I’ll go ask for uh lemon water and some aspirins,” Emilia mumbled, clearing her throat as she got up and went to the phone by the door even when there was one right here by the nightstand. She seemed pretty flushed and a hint of embarrassment danced in her eyes as well. I let out a sigh and went to shower straight away. This glass wall made it impossible for me to take a ‘cold shower’ though Emilia should know better than to barge in. I still didn’t take my chances. 


After we had both gotten ready for the day and consumed what she called the trick to getting rid of a hangover we were finally ready to tackle the day. I grabbed my wallet and phone from my pants that had rested on the floor from last night then looked over at Emilia who seemed to be having a breakdown in front of the mirror due to her hair. I watched as she put it up in a messy bun and called it quits. 

“Ready?” I asked to which she nodded and opened the door for me. I looked down at my watch and noticed we had passed breakfast time about an hour ago. 

“Can we get brunch? I think I know the perfect place,” She wondered, hope in her eyes as she looked at me. 

WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE.

CHAPTER 18. “Yes, hold on,” I hastily removed my shirt and put on the pile of our bag and her leggings. “Wait, don’t you want photos first?”...