Thursday 5 January 2023

WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE.

CHAPTER 3.

Chapter 3.

“Three week? Paid?” Priya repeated, realising Prem was serious about pampering his workers.

“Man, had I known I would’ve spent so much more attention to it,” Anissa pouted.

“Sadly, we all return back to the office Monday whilst these two get to go on their vacation,” Prem locked the tablet and rested it on the table then looked over at the winners with a grin on his face but clearly both of them were rather confused.

“Wait what?” Grayson still couldn’t wrap his head around it.

“I have an itinerary planned for you two but free to do as you please. I made sure most things you can get your payment back and spent it on other things,” Prem added. “Can I talk to you both privately though,” He already stood up, not giving them a chance to say no.

“Of course boss,” Mia got up and walked after Prem.

“Yes, sure,” Grayson took the last sip of his tea and joined the two.

Mia and Grayson both got up and followed him to the empty corner. Mia and Grayson stared at each other. Would they really go on a vacation for three weeks? A whole itinerary planned out for those two. As if they didn’t fight like cats and dogs unless alcohol was in their system it seems.

“I have one request. No fighting. I want you two to return as best friends by the end of this trip. This company needs you both, we achieved so much already and I can see us doubling, maybe even tripling even but I need everyone’s input for this without fighting constantly,” Prem lectured and looked between them both as they spoke. Grayson and Mia avoided looking into his eyes and looking at each other.

“Can we even afford to have us both away for three weeks, boss?” Grayson wondered, knowing they had big projects coming in.

“I wasn’t planning on two my best to win, now that I say that outloud I should’ve seen it coming though,” Prem admitted and laughed to himself. Mia couldn’t help but to smile. Being called one of his best workers sure made her head big. Nothing Grayson would say today could bring down her mood.

“Will you manage, sir?” Mia wondered, just to be extra sure about this.

“I will, don’t worry about it,” Prem assured them. “We go home today, you have the weekend to pack. I’ll have Dima send everything for your flights and reservations and you take off on Monday,” He informed them both, not even giving them the chance to turn this down.

Prem left the two by themselves and went back to his croissant. Grayson looked over at Mia.

“You lost,” He pointed out a slight smirk on his lips.

“One tiny little point made you win, Solace, besides we’re both enjoying the same prize, no?” Mia raised a brow at him, crossing her arms as she looked at the man. For a thirty year old, he sure was acting like a twelve year old.

~~~

Monday morning…

Mia spent the weekend packing her bags and getting ready for her vacation in Hawaii. She wasn’t even sure where she dug all of those swimsuits but they were there alright. She thanked the late-night shopping during the pandemic for her full closet that came in handy. She was dressed in a hoodie with her old college name fading from it and some black sweatpants. The perfect outfit for travelling. Once she arrived at the airport she spotted Grayson immediately and walked up to him.

Her eyes trailed up the man that was standing at 6’4. She wondered if his entire family was that tall or just him. She noticed how his dark beard was trimmed neatly, the sides faded- he just went to the barber for sure. She didn’t blame him though. First thing Mia did when she got back home was making appointments to the salon for waxing, nails and getting her brows tinted. Sadly she didn’t get to do her mani and pedi but she did already schedule an appointment at the spa in the hotel she’d be staying at.

Grayson raised a brow at her which made her snap out of her thoughts. She looked down at his extended hand.“Here’s your ticket,” Grayson handed her the tickets he picked up from Prem.

“First class? We’ve been upgraded?” Mia looked over at the ticket. She shouldn’t have been so surprised that Prem would go out his way this much.

“Yep,” Grayson pressed his lips together.

“I forgot how grumpy you are early in the morning,” Mia rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, looking around the airport. There were many different people around, she admired those who were travelling in shorts and tank tops. If she wore something like that she was assured she’d turn blue.

“That’s because you always come in late,” Grayson grumbled, checking the time on his watch. Her gaze went to the watch.

“One time. I came late once two weeks ago,” Mia rolled her eyes. She had been given so much trouble for being late that one time. She could argue and say it was traffic but it would still be her fault for not leaving the apartment on time.

“You should learn to come on time,” He stared straight into her eyes, the words spoken in such a raspy tone that made her hot inside.

Mia frowned a little at his words. Was he being serious right now or was he making a sexual joke? He totally remembered their conversation! Right now she wanted to board that plane just to jump from it without a parachute. Or perhaps push Grayson down… That didn’t sound too bad now that she thought about it.

“Emilia , let’s get going,” Grayson wrapped his fingers around her wrist and started walking. “It would be a shame if Prem spent this much just to go to waste,” He complains, stopping the cue that had already been formed.

“You’ve travelled before right?” He then asked which made Mia shake her head then nodding. “Which is it?”

“I have only travelled within the country, I have never been overseas,” She answered truthfully. She knew Grayson had visited many countries before. His instagram was proof of it- yes she had stalked him. When Emilia was ready to travel the pandemic had hit so it wasn’t until now that she got the chance to leave the country.

Travelling first class was much better than Emilia had expected. She laid back, crossing her feet over the other as she read her book. Emilia did her best to relax as much as possible with Grayson right next to her. She could feel his eyes on her and didn’t dare to look in his direction. She feared him bringing up their conversation. To her surprise she saw he too was reading a book with headphones on. She remembered that book! Was Grayson into romance novels? That’s something she never saw coming. He seemed more like someone who’d read horror or thriller. Grayson caught her staring and raised a brow at her. She quickly shook her head and buried her nose back into her own book.

Once the two arrived in Hawaii they got picked up and taken to the hotel. Emilia looked up at the name ‘Secret Mirage’ she then turned around and saw Grayson had already taken care of their luggage, all she had to carry was her own carry-on bag. She was surprised he wasn’t complaining.

Mia’s point of view.

Perhaps Grayson just wanted to check in already, it would explain why he was being so fast rather than taking in the island paradise we were currently in. I was already getting hot in the clothes I wore so I followed him inside to the air conditioned room. The woman and man at the door greeted us with flowers and a drink I couldn’t say no to. How could I? It was decorated with a piece of pineapple and a flower! Grayson’s grumpy mood sure was noticeable to the others but luckily it hadn’t affected anyone.

“Would it hurt you to smile once? We’re literally here in this island paradise for three weeks and we’re getting paid for it,” I nudged him, adjusting the lei around his neck. His nail lightly grazed his skin which got him to gaze down at me with a look on his face I couldn’t quite figure out yet.

“You’re right. I’ll cheer up after a nap and a swimming pool,” His green eyes softened.

“The drink or actual bath?” I was pulled aside gently by my arm so the man behind me could walk past me.

“Both seem like a fine idea,” He chuckled. Dear god, there it was again, that heaven made sound.

“I think I’ll join- actually I might settle for a virgin drink after last week,” I groaned. The thought of alcohol made me shudder- perhaps it was too early for me to think about it right now.

“Hm, that would be a good idea,” Grayson looked up. I massaged the back of my neck and stared at the view in front of me. It was nothing but a muscled chest. Come to think of it, he was way too tall, was it even normal? Even with my highest heel I could never compare.

“What were you fed as a child?” I blurted out, the words spilling out of me before I could even think twice.

“What do you mean?” Grayson frowned at me, his confusion reminding me of a cute little puppy. What the fuck? Why was I thinking of Grayson being a cute animal? He’s not supposed to be a cute animal, he’s more like a tarantula. Scary and dangerous- to me.

“How come you’re a giant?” I just went along with it. Might as well get the information for my future babies.

“Mia, you’re only 5’2, everything’s huge to you,” Grayson laughed, shaking his head. My jaw dropped at his words. How dare he!

“5’2.5,” I corrected him, which only made him laugh harder. This was the first time I heard him laugh this much and it’s no surprise it was directed at me.

“Emilia,” He warned, narrowing those stupid green eyes down on me that immediatelty made me feel much smaller than I already was.

“Fine, 5’2,” I rolled my eyes and gave in. I remembered my first day as an intern. I wore sneakers to the office. It was when we had our first heavy disagreement which was difficult to win when I had to keep looking up constantly ever since that day I started wearing heels and now three years in I could walk like a pro in it. See there are positive things coming out of this hatred, those who said it was a bad thing can suck it.

“Let’s get checked in,” He then said, walking over to the front desk and greeted the man behind the desk politely. He handled everything whilst I was still admiring the place. I already knew once this trip was over I’d miss it. I’d most definitely be visiting here again.

“I think there’s been a mistake,” Grayson frowned, holding one set of keycards in his hand and looking over at the man.

“How so, sir?” He asked, putting the phone back down. I came closer to listen to what was going on. Was Grayson going to be a Karen?

“There are two of us and only one room,” I frowned as Grayson said those words. One room? Oh god, he was right there has definitely been a mistake! Those two could never, ever share a room. She’d have to sleep with one eye open! Perhaps a knife under the pillow as well.

“That’s been booked, correct? A couple’s room,” The man repeated, reading the details from his computer screen fluently.

“No, we’re not- we are friends? Who wants separate rooms,” Grayson began to stutter, the tips of his ears turning red.

“What’s going on?” I asked, looking between the two men. Both Grayson and Ander looked at each other. Grayson bit down on his lip, I stared at his full pink lips. Gosh.

“There’s been a mistake, they say only one room has been booked for us,” He informed me. So it was real, we’d be stuck in one room? I was sure he didn’t want this just as much as I didn’t. Before I even got the chance to open my mouth and complain Grayson hushed me.

“I’m handling it, hold on,” Grayson immediately texted Dima and Prem. After going back and forth he came to find out Dima made a mistake and booked them one room when he meant to book two rooms.

“Are there any other rooms available?” I then asked. I didn’t mind having to pay for it myself, as long as Grayson and I didn’t have to share a room. I’m pretty sure one of us won’t make out alive.

“I’m afraid not. It’s a busy week,” Ander looked uneasy, shifting from one leg to the other. Poor dude.

“Next week then?” Grayson wondered. I looked over at him, did he really think we’d survive a week together in one room?

“There should be some open spots within the next week, would you like me to keep you in the loop?” Ander offered to which I nodded slowly, looking over at Grayson who squinted his eyes. He always did that when he was thinking, I wonder what he’s thinking about.

“Yes, for now we’ll share the room,” Grayson accepted the keycards again and handed me one of them.

“It’s a couples suite, there’s a large couch I assume,” I waited for him to follow me along.

“Oh how sweet, you’ve offered to take the couch already,” Grayson’s lips curved into a well known smirk. It’s the one I had to deal with when defeated.

“Mhm, didn’t expect you to be a gentleman,” I rolled my eyes and walked off as if I knew where we should be going. I knew one thing though, we both needed to be in the elevator. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, sharing a damn room with Grayson Solace for a week would really test my patience and bring my tolerance much higher. I already knew I’d have a hard time because Grayson doesn’t make anything easy. 

WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE.

CHAPTER 18. “Yes, hold on,” I hastily removed my shirt and put on the pile of our bag and her leggings. “Wait, don’t you want photos first?”...