Saturday 31 December 2022

PREGNANT.

CHAPTER 8.
It's been a couple of weeks since I moved in with Odell. Things have been hectic between being pregnant, Odell's practices, games, and college. I also have been helping Gabby with her job; she was successfully able to move back to New York and still do her job. Things were good; I've had them there to help me. I'm only ten weeks pregnant, and I still have not told my parents I am pregnant. The time has come, though, that I have to tell them. My parents are having their 30th anniversary today, so I guess this is the perfect opportunity to let them know. 


"Hey Ash, we need to go so we aren't late," August said. 


He was taking me to one of his sound tests. I decided I should go, but I was going to drive separately because I had to study at the library. I had a paper due in four days, and I wanted it to be perfect. I also had other homework, but I could start doing that at the recording studio.


"I'm coming, August" I packed a few more things in my book bag and then put it on my back. I then grabbed my phone off the charger and put it in my purse. I held onto my purse and left the room. I had on my white wedges, with light blue jeans and a white blouse. I had my hair pulled back into a bun and a white bow holding my bun in place. I was walking down the stairs when my cell phone began to ring. I continued to walk down the stairs while I dug in my purse and pulled out my phone. I looked and saw Odell calling. I reached the bottom of the stairs and slid the phone into my back pocket.


"You're not going to answer it," August asked?


"Nope," I said.


"Should I even ask" he questioned? 


"Things haven't been good here for me. Odell keeps having parties daily; then, he comes home late. I'm about to sign a lease to my apartment. I found a perfect two-bedroom," I admitted.


"Have you talked to him about it"?


"Yes, the third night. Why do you think I spent half a week at your place". He looked at me for a moment. We walked out the door, and he opened my car door for me. I took off my book bag and put it in the car; then I got in my car. August closed my door my car door. He then went and got in his red Rover. He drove, and I followed. When we got to the studio, I sat on the couch and got my laptop out of my bag. I opened it and started my paper. I would occasionally look up and chime in when August asked.


About an hour later, I gathered my stuff and stood up to leave. Aug saw me and came out of the recording room and came up to me. He carried my book bag and walked me back to my car.


"Be careful, okay?" he told me.


"Always," I smiled. We hugged, then I got in the car and watched as he made his way back in. I drove to the library and parked in the closet spot. I got out and went in and took a table in the back, far away from everyone else. I started studying and studied for about three hours. I finished my paper and got a lot of my homework done as well. It was around 3 pm, and I needed to get to the realtor's building to get my key and sign my lease. I got there around 3:20 pm, and I got there just in time. I then called a moving company, and thankfully they didn't close for another two hours. I gave them the address, and they said they would meet me there. My parent's party didn't start until 8 pm, so I had enough time to get things done.


At Odells house, I managed to get everything out and back to the new place within those two hours. I needed to go shopping for furniture and kitchen wear. I had three hours left to spare. After the movers left, I locked up and went to IKEA to look. My phone started to ring as I entered the store.


"Hello," I answered.


"Hey, what you up to" Gabby's voice came on the other end.


"Shopping for furniture and stuff like that. I just got my apartment. Come to IKEA, and we can talk," I told her. 


"Already on my way," she said. I smiled and then ended the call; I loved my best friend, she was more like my sister, and she always had my back. I started looking for couches and beds. I found the perfect bed, I talked to an employee, and they put it on hold for me. I got a text from Gabby; I texted her explaining where I was. She walked up behind me and scared the living crap out of me.


"I told you not to do that," I scolded her. She just laughed, and then we hugged. "I found my bed. I need you to help me pick a TV, couch, nightstand, coffee table, and a dining room table".


"Looks like we have a lot of work before your parent's party," she said. We started looking and finding the perfect items for my new apartment. They said they would deliver the stuff tomorrow morning. 


"I need you to give me a ride," Gabby said as we walked out of the store.


"Where is your car," I asked? 


"We did a carpool today," she answered. I nodded, and we walked up to my Audi; we got in, and I drove to my new apartment. Gabby was already dressed nicely; I needed to change for the party. I ended up in a strapless red tight-fitted dress that stopped at my knees. I pulled my ribbon out and let my hair fall. My hair came down to the middle of my back; I've been thinking of cutting it again. I stood in my mirror as I applied some lip gloss. I changed my purse to a little black hand purse. I put my lip gloss, phone, compact mirror, lotion, and keys in my purse. I went into my bedroom and pulled on my black pumps on. 


I walked into the living room where Gabby was waiting, " Alright, I'm ready."


She looked over me and smiled, "Damn, you look hot." 


"Thanks. Let's get out of here". We left my apartment and rode the elevator down to the lobby. As we walked down the sidewalk, some guys tried to get our attention. Neither one of us paid them any attention; we kept walking to my car. We got in, and I took us to the hotel my parents rented for the party. When we got there, I gave my key to the valet, and we walked into the hotel and towards the party.


"So I decided I'm going to tell my parents tonight," I told Gabby.


"You picked tonight of all nights? Their Anniversary" she looked at me like I had lost my mind. In all honesty, I probably have. My mom loves for the spotlight to be on her, and tonight when I make my speech, I'm going to steal her shine and set my parents straight—something I should've done a long time ago.


We found our seats, which of course, were at the same table with our parents; I'm surprised they didn't put me at some random table like they used to.


"Ashlyn and Gabby. So glad you two could make it," my father came up to us. He hugged us both but hugged me a bit longer. Then he pulled back and just looked at me and gave me a sad smile. 


"So good to see you, dad" I forced a smile. My father wasn't as bad as my mother, but he never stood up for me; he was just a pushover. I felt bad for my father, but I felt terrible for myself even more.


"Ash," I heard my mother's voice from behind me. I turned, and she had her arms held out with a big fat fake smile plastered on her face. 


"Hi, mom," I hugged her. She moved on to Gabby quickly, and I took my seat on the other side, away from my mother. Gabby sat beside me on my left, and August came out of nowhere and sat down on my right.


"Odell has been blowing up my phone all day looking for you," he told me. 


"What did you tell him," I asked? He didn't say anything; he just looked at me. "You better not have told him where we are." Before he could say anything, I looked up and saw Odell standing by the table. I stood up and walked up to him; he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room and somewhere more secluded. 


"You just disappear and pack your shit and leave without telling me," he questioned?


"I told you, either get your shit together, or I was leaving, and you didn't. I'm pregnant, and I don't have time for games. I have classes, and I need my sleep. I can't do that with your parties every night," I explained for the fifth time. 


"I'm sorry, I'll stop them; just come back," he apologized.


"No, I already got my place. I gave you a whole week to change it, and you didn't. I need to get back to my parent's party," I said. I turned to leave, but he grabbed my arm to keep me from walking away.


"Get your hands off her," a voice said. Both Odell and I looked behind me and found August glaring at Odell. Odell slowly released my arm.


"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you, Ash" Odell looked in my eyes. 


"It's fine. Let's all get back out to the party," I said. I walked towards Aug and smiled at him, then passed him and back into the venue. I could already tell that things tonight were not going to go well, and I would have some part in that. When I didn't see Odell and Aug right behind me, I knew Aug had stopped Odell so that they could talk. I found my way back to my seat, and a few minutes the boys walked to the table. August took his seat next to Gabby, and Odell stood at the chair next to me.


"Can I sit next to you?" he asked me?


"Sure," I smiled. Odell sat, and a photographer came and took a picture of the four of us. I got out my phone and asked the guy to take a photo of us on my phone, and he did, then handed my phone back to me. After the event began, it was time for August and me to make a speech. I let August go; first, I wanted them to feel sentimental, and then I would go in and crush their happiness as they did for my whole life. August made a good speech, it was loving, and my parents face said so.


"Next up, my little sister Ashlyn" August announced. I looked at my mother's face as I stood up, she knew I was about to cause hell, but she couldn't stop me. I made my way up to the podium and found my mother's face.


"First off, I want to say happy anniversary to my parents, and I wish them many more years with each other. I hope that one day when I finally get married, I have 30 plus years with my husband. Thirty years that's quite a few years, but it's a blessing. What's not a blessing is how I was treated growing up" I looked out at the crowd, and their faces changed. My mother's face was filled with disgust, my father looked sad, August just shook his head, Gabby's mouth was gaped open, and Odell just smiled at me. It was time the world knew.


"I grew up in a loving home, except the love went to my brother. I was the outcast, and my mother treated me like shit. She still does; she thought I would be the fuck up in the family and make the family look bad. What's sad is that my pathetic father just stood there and never stuck up for me. Not even once. I wasn't included in many things, and after my brother was a teenager, he started to be out of the house more, so he never saw how disrespected my parents were to me. He was too busy with females to look out for his little sister, but I don't blame him; how could he know. I never told him. I'm up here to say thank you to my parents. You mistreated me, and I became a better person than you two will ever be. August, I love you, and I thank you for being my brother" I smiled. Everyone just sat there stunned. August started the clapping, and everyone chimed in. I started to go to my seat when I remembered one thing. I went back to the podium.


"Oh, and one more thing, mom and dad, I'm pregnant with your first grandchild. A grandchild you will never see because I wouldn't want you to rub off on my child. That's all," I finished. I walked back to the table and sat next to Odell and Gabby. Both Gabby and Odell smiled at me, and August was trying hard to hold back his laughter. I looked at my mother, her face was so red, and my father looked ashamed. 


After everything was over and all the guests were gone, my mother approached me. She didn't say anything at first, just stared at me. My father stood behind her.


"How dare you," she finally spoke.


"The same way you dared to treat me my whole life," I said. She then slapped me across my face. I touched my face and that kind of hurt. I saw August coming to my rescue, but I held up my hand to stop him. He just looked at me with worry on his face. I'm not the same scared little girl anymore. I smiled at my mother, and then I punched her in the face. She fell back into my father's waiting arms.


"Ashlyn," August walked up to me. 


"She asked for it, and I'm done being her doormat. I don't need her in my life, and I certainly don't want her in it either," I told him.


"But did you have to hit her," he asked?


"Did she have to hit me" I answered his question with his own? "I'm out," I said. I left the building, and I knew Odell was walking behind me; what I didn't expect was Gabby to be following.


"Where will you go," Odell asked?


"August house for the night, then I'll be in my place tomorrow," I told him. He walked us to my car. 


"Do you mind if I come over to help"? 


"No, I'll send you the address when I get to Aug's house." He nodded and opened the car door for me, I got in, and he closed the door. Gabby was already in the car. The car ride was quiet, which was strange for Gabby. When we got there, we both went up to my old room. I got out of my old clothes and took a shower. I left a few things here, knowing I would be back eventually. After I got out of the shower, Gabby took her shower. She was too quiet, and I knew something was on her mind. I got in my bed and waited for her to come out. After she did, she climbed into the bed and looked at me.


"What," I asked?


"You rocked tonight. I'm so glad you stuck up for yourself tonight. I'm proud of you" she smiled. I hugged her, and then we turned out the light and then laid down.


"Goodnight, Ash."


"Night, Gabby."


WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE.

CHAPTER 18. “Yes, hold on,” I hastily removed my shirt and put on the pile of our bag and her leggings. “Wait, don’t you want photos first?”...