Saturday 31 December 2022

PREGNANT.

CHAPTER 9.
The following five weeks went by in a blur. Of course, I was further along, and I started to show. Gabby decided that the following day after my parent's anniversary party, she would throw me a housewarming party. She, Aug, and Odell invited their famous friends to the party. It was a nice thing to do, and I would have enjoyed it more had I been able to drink just a little bit. Now I'm no heavy drinker, but I do like to have a little something. My classes are going well, and I am getting ready to finish this semester and then start the next semester, and then I can graduate and start my career.


"Alright, that wraps up this class. I expect to see great papers the next time we meet next Tuesday. Don't overthink it, just let it come to you," my professor said. Mr. Gans was a cool guy, he respected everyone, and everyone had the same respect back. Everyone was mainly cleared out when I walked up to Mr. Gans. I had already started on my paper, and I wanted to know if I was headed in the right direction.


"Ah, Ms. Alsina, how can I help you" he smiled at me.


I returned the smile, "Well, you know me, I'm already ahead on the paper..." I started to say.


"And you just wanted feedback. I understand; you're a great student. I wish all my students were like you. Let's take a look," he finished. I handed him my paper, and we sat down and discussed the good and bad things. About 20 minutes later, we finished, and I started gathering my stuff. Thanking him, I left the classroom and headed out to my car. I stopped at the Starbucks little shop they had and got an iced coffee. Yes, I know, but I'm allowed to have some caffeine. I paid, then went out to my car and got in. I drove back to my apartment, which I have come to love. Odell spends a lot of time here, he wants me to move back in with him, but I need to do my own thing, have my own thing. If we were getting married, that be different, but that's never going to happen, so it's better that I'm on my own for now. I didn't give him a key; the only person who had a key was August. I didn't even give my best friend one. I took the elevator to the third floor and walked down the hall to my door. Of course, Odell was there waiting.


"Please tell me you haven't been waiting that long," I said.


He gave me a weak smile, "Only an hour. I forgot you had class today".


"Next time, text me," I said, unlocking the door.


"I did, five times," he said. I took my phone out of my purse and checked it; sure enough, he texted me, and so did August and Gabby. 


"Sorry." I checked Gabby's messages. First, it read:



You're not going to believe this, but I got the role for the movie!!!! Call me when you get this ASAP!



I'm glad she got the role, I know she was dying to get it, and she got to play next to her favorite actor, Dwayne Johnson. I was going to go on set to meet him. I looked at Aug message next:



Hey sis, I need you to call me after class and try before you go to work too. Mom and dad are looking for you. I didn't give them your address, call me asap. Love you


What the hell could they possibly want, I wondered.


"Ash," Odell said. I looked up from my phone, and he was staring at me.


"Sorry, what did you say," I asked?


"If you wanted to catch a movie tonight"?


"Um, sure, after I get off work, which I get off at 9," I replied. I walked into my bedroom and changed out of my street clothes and into my black jeans and referee shirt. I was only working part-time at Foot Locker. I had money, I just wanted to keep busy, and they offered me the hours I wanted, so I took it.


"Okay, I'll meet you here after you get off work," he said.


I nodded and smiled, "Sure." I got back on my phone and called August. 


"Hello," August answered. 


"Hey, what's going on," I asked, getting straight to the point. Odell kisses my cheek, then waving, he left my apartment. I placed August on speaker, so I could continue to get ready. 


"Well, as I said, mom and dad are looking for you," he said.


I spat and rinsed my mouth, " Yeah but why. What do they want"? He didn't say anything. I began to get worried. I'm not a materialistic person, but if they take my money away, I need to start looking for a full-time job, or I could lose this place. I waited until August said something. I put my hair into a tight bun and gathered my purse and charger. I was on my way out the door when August finally spoke up.


"They want to meet up with you to talk," he told me.


"Well, I'm kind of busy these days, so they're going to have to take a ticket and get in line," I joked.


"See, I told you this was a waste of time," I heard my mother say in the background.


"Wow, August, don't ever do this again. If they need to sit down and talk to me, they can call me themselves. Look, I have to go, so I love you, and I will talk to you later," I said. I then ended the call by putting my cellphone in my back pocket. When I got to work, it was already busy. The school was out for the teens and younger kids. Adults were there too with their children trying on shoes. The place was packed; it didn't help that we had a sale going on, so that alone was drawing in more customers. 


After a long day at work, I arrived back home and found Odell waiting once again. It was annoying yet kind of sweet. More on the annoying side, though. I was so tired, and I had to get started on finishing my paper.


"Look, can we do a rain check and just watch a movie here," I asked, unlocking the door and going in. 


He followed, "I have a better idea. How about I run you a bath, and when you get out, I'll give you a massage". Now that did sound nice, but I needed to finish my paper. Then again, I have a whole week to do it, and I'm only two pages away from reaching the goal.


"Okay, I'll be in my bedroom," I told him. He went to the bathroom, and I heard the water start running. I stripped out my clothes and then put my purple silk robe on. I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes, and I drifted off to sleep.


Odell shook me awake, "Ash come on, wake up".


I opened my eyes, and Odell was standing over me. He helped me sit up, then I stood up, and we walked to the bathroom. I dropped my robe and looked back and caught Odell just staring at me. I smiled and got in the tub. Odell brought me some food to eat; he knows me so well.


After my bath, Odell gave me the most amazing massage I've ever had in a while. Odell and I were lying in my bed when a knock at the door. I put my robe on and went out to open the door. 


I opened it, "Yes." August and my parents were standing in the doorway. I glared at August, but he just gave me a worried smile. I let August in; then, I stood in the doorway, blocking my parents from entering.


"Ash," August said. 



I ignored him, "What do y'all want"?


"Ash, can we come in... please," my dad asked? I turned my gaze to him, and he looked sincere. I looked at them for a minute; then, I stepped back, allowing them in. I went to the bedroom and closed the door.


"Who's here," Odell asked?


"August brought my parent over here after I told him not to. Put your shirt on; I'm not facing them alone. Otherwise, I might hurt my mom. With her smart ass mouth," I told him. He didn't say anything else. He just got up and got his shit on. I threw my pink and black silk pajamas, breathed, and opened the door. I grabbed Odell's hand and led him to the living room, where my parent sat on the couch. Odell sat down on the chair, and I sat on his lap, my mother gave a disapproving looking, and I gave her a smile. 



"Why are y'all here" that was my only question.


"To apologize. We had no idea you felt that way," my father spoke up. 



I chuckled, "Then let's hear it, but I want it coming from her lips only." I pointed to my mother. She looked applauded as if I requested her to admit a crime she knew she had done but lied about it.


"I will do no such thing," she said.


"Then get out of my house," I replied. She stood up, and so did I. Odell pulled me back down on his lap, and my father pulled his wife's back on the couch. 



"Oh, you're going to apologize, or I'm leaving you," my father yelled. Everyone's gaze turned to my father, no one was expecting that, but I knew he had been going through hell for years putting up with her crap. My mother looked so surprised; August stared in shock.


"Okay, dad, it's not that deep," August spoke up.


"Like hell, it isn't. Like Ashlyn here, I've been putting up with her crap as well. I'm sorry, August, but she even put you before me. I'm done with it," my dad finally spoke up.


"Ma," Aug asked? I guess he had no idea and couldn't see it even as the years went on.


My mother stood and walked to the door, but she didn't open it. She just stood there. We all watched and waited in anticipation. I got up and slowly walked over to my mother; I turned her around and hugged her. At first, she seemed surprised, but she relaxed and hugged me back. We hugged for quite a while, and she cried while hugging me. After she got herself together, she pulled back. 


"I am so sorry to the both of you. For years I treated you both so horrible. Ash, I just wanted you to be better than I was; I wanted so much for you. I don't know if you can ever forgive, but I promise to be a better mother to you" she hugged me again and then walked back over to her husband. She sat on the couch and took his hands.


"Daniel, I've put so much pressure on you and made you feel unwanted. I treated you like you weren't worth anything, and you were supposed to be the man of my dreams. I am so sorry... it hurts me to look into your eyes and know that I messed up so bad with you. I love you so much; I love you all so much. I know forgiveness doesn't happen overnight, but I'm hoping with time, you all can forgive me, even you too, August," she finished. My dad pulled her into his body, and she cried while he held her. 


After another hour, everyone left except for Odell. I need to try better; if I want us to be in a successful relationship, I need to do better for him. We went back to the bedroom, I curled into him, and he held me; one hand rested on my belly. I felt safe and loved, finally.

WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE.

CHAPTER 18. “Yes, hold on,” I hastily removed my shirt and put on the pile of our bag and her leggings. “Wait, don’t you want photos first?”...