Saturday 31 December 2022

PREGNANT.

CHAPTER 6.
It has been two months since I moved in with Odell. My days have consisted of getting up in the mornings to practice with Odell or just sleeping in. My best friend went to Europe, but she should be back really soon. She told me she would try to get her job to let her move back here to New York so she could be here with me.

If August doesn’t have work to do, he is always by my side. Then again, he does it when he has work to do. He drags me to things he has to do without even asking me if I was to go. Sometimes I don’t mind; I don’t have anything else to do. I’ve focused on my schooling and tried to finish the semester. I’m so close to being a Dental Hygienist; I have another year left of schooling and will have accomplished my goals.”

“Ashlyn” Someone yelled!

I do not understand why Odell let August get a key to his house; I will never understand that. I stopped typing and saved my work. I closed my laptop and decided to leave my room. Leaving the room, I walked down the stairs and met August in the foyer.”

“Give me the key,” I said. Aug looked offended, but he handed me the key. I didn’t want him to be to barge in. What if something was going on not like I was planning on them, but still” “Now what is it that you want.”

“I got us tickets to see Gabby at her show in two days; she’ll be coming here,” August announced.”

“Oh my goodness, you freaking rule,” I hugged him,” “Gabby is going to be so surprised.”

August smiled” “Yeah, can’t wait to see her again.”

“I knew you would settle down one day,” I told him. He shook his head, then tried to play it off.”

“It ain’t like the” he shrugged.”

“If you say so. Anyway, I have to go. Odell has his first pre-season against New England today. I need to get there early to not get recognized by anyone. Plus, I have to fly,” I explained.

Beep. Beep. I opened the door and found my ride waiting for me. I ran back upstairs, put my laptop in the bag. I put my overnight bag over my shoulder and carried my laptop on my other shoulder. I looked back in the room to see if I had forgotten anything, and I almost left without my phone. That would have been problematic. I went back and grabbed it, then left the room with my stuff.”

“Let me help you” August was standing at the top of the staircase.”

“Thanks” I let him have the overnight bag. My suitcase filled it with much. I had two outfits in there, my hygiene stuff and shoes. We walked down the stairs; I was glad to have a brother like him. He makes me proud, and I try hard to keep him proud of me. We went up to the car and put my stuff in the trunk.”

“Alright, you be safe now. Call me when you land so that I know that your safe”,” August insisted. See, I have an awesome brother.

I hugged him” “I will, I promise. Love you.” I got in the car and rolled the window down.

“Love you too” August smiled at me. Behind his smile, he seemed sad I would have to figure out what was going on with him. The driver pulled off, and I tried to get my mind ready for the airport. Lord knows I hate flying, and I hate how crowded it be. It took us about twenty minutes to reach the airport. I know I’ve lived in LA for half my life, but every time I drive or ride, I love looking at everything. It is so beautiful here.

“We’re here, Ma’am” “the driver said”

“Thank you,” “I said. I got out of the car and went around to the trunk, where the driver waited. I grabbed my bags and then walked into the airport. As soon as I got in, I saw a young man holding a sign with my name. Thank Goodness it only had my first and middle name; I don’t need people asking me iI’mI’mrelated to August Alsina. I walked up to him and smiled. He took my bags and told me to follow him. I pulled out my phone and did a group text with Aug and Odell.

Me: I don’t know which one of you it was but thank you for not putting my last name... 9:45 am

Odell: Well, it was August’s idea; I just made sure it happened. 9:47 am

August: Yeah, we came up with it together. We knew what could happen, lol, and we know how you are around people you don’t know. 9:50 am

Me: Well, thank you bothI’mI’mabout to board my plane. Also, thank you, Odell, for letting me use your private jet. 9:52 am

Odell: No problem. Have a safe trip, see you soon. 9:53 am

I boarded his jet and settled down in my seat. We took off at precisely Teo’co’clock I laid back and went to sleep. Pregnancy takes a toll on a woman’s body, and it makes me sleepy all the time.

~A few hours later~

I felt Someone give me a light shake. I slowly opened my eyes and found the flight attended standing there.”

“Sorry to wake you” “she gave me an apologetic smile.

I cleared my throat. “It’s okay. Are we there?”

“About thirty minutes left. Did you want to eat something before I la” d” “the flight attendant asked me”

“Sure. Anything you got back there with some apple juice,” I answered. She nodded then walked toward the back. I had planned to get a little more work done for class, but clearly, that didn’t work out. A few minutes later, she came with scrambled eggs, toast, smoky links, and my apple juice.”

“Thank you, but how did you know,” “I asked”

“August, let me know what you like to eat,” she said. See, he’s such a wonderful brother, and I can’t help but love him. I ate my food and found I was a lot hungrier than I thought. By the time I got done eating, we were landing. A few minutes later, the plane landed, and I could stand up and stretch my legs. I got off the jet, and a car was waiting for me. As the driver put my bags in the trunk, I got in the vehicle. Afterward, he drove me to the hotel where the Odells team was staying. Odell was waiting for me in the lobby. I walked in and went up to the front desk.”

“Hello. How can I help you” the receptionist asked?

“Yes, she needs a room key to room 2334,” Odell’s voice said. I turned around and hugged him. I haven’t seen him in a few days” “Well, hello to you too, Ash,” he hugged me back.

I pulled back” “Sorry. It is just weird being at the house by myself; it is so 

big.”

“Sorry for being gone for so long. Shall we get up to the room” Odell asked? I shall and looked back at the receptionist holding a key for me. I took it and followed Odell, and the bellhop followed us.

WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE.

CHAPTER 18. “Yes, hold on,” I hastily removed my shirt and put on the pile of our bag and her leggings. “Wait, don’t you want photos first?”...