Friday 16 December 2022

THE LOST GENDER IDENTITY.

CHAPTER 9.
THE DEVIL.


Kawamura sat confidently on a three-seater couch, having a casual conversation with my sister. His secretary stood beside him with his usual uptight expression. Halfway through their conversation, Kawamura turned his gaze slightly and caught me standing in the doorway. At the sight of me, he smiled widely and rose to his feet.

The moment I got a whiff of his cologne, my body began to shake at the thought of that awful night. He smiled grimly and introduced himself reassuringly as if he was thinking of the same thing. I stared at him without shaking his hand and ran from the room.

I slammed my door just as my body began to shiver unconsciously. I knew he had found me and he was determined not to let me go. After a few minutes of pacing, I left my room and peeked into the living room. I saw Yuriko and Rin serving him with such hospitality. I knew that I could not tell them what had actually happened in Japan and the encounter with him. Thus, I was helpless within his grasp.

I unknowingly entered, making eye contact with Rin. She ran up to me, caressing my forehead, “you look terrible, is it too stressful at work?” I smiled weakly at her, her presence always emits a positive atmosphere. That was one of the reasons I was drawn to her. I kissed her cheek reassuringly, unaware of an evil glare across the room.

Much to my disappointment, my sister invited him to stay for dinner. Unable to voice out my anguish, I had no choice but to comply.

During dinner, he complimented my sister’s knowledge and intelligence; she was delighted. I knew he was gaining the favour of my family with his mouth of compliments. Nevertheless, I played along with his game, pretending that we had just met moments ago.

Maintaining my professional appearance, I questioned him about his work and lifestyle in Japan. No doubt, he played along in answering all the questions smoothly until I grew tired of asking. At late night, he bid farewell to us and set off. I waited for him to leave before catching up with him. I knew that he was staying nearby to spy on me. I ran after him and demanded his plan for my family.

Unaffected by my unkind words, he smiled and conveyed his plan. It turned out that he had a business trip in Seoul, so that means I had to put up with him until he returns to Japan. He promised he would not harm my family, but I had to sleep with him every night. I tried negotiating but he was firm in his condition. In the end, I had no choice but to follow his condition for the sake of my family. He gave me his hotel address and telephone number. I was told to call him every day after work.

I agreed out of desperation.

On the way home, my mind was filled with thoughts and worries. I was determined to endure as much as I could. Upon reaching home, Yuriko summoned me to her room and confronted me. She was suspicious about my relationship with that man. She noticed my reaction during the first encounter. I hid no secrets from my sister, I told her everything.

Her reaction was silent as if she knew. She had always been a calm person, accepting of reality. I stood quietly, waiting for her opinion.

She asked me to not meet up with him again. I rebuked her and said I was worried the company might be in trouble if I do not follow his instructions. She remained calm and told me not to worry. The company will survive even without his support.

That night, I lay awake, worries swarming in my head; I was worried for their safety. Despite my sister’s persuasion, I am the reason for this situation.

I could never forgive myself if anything happened to them.

They are my family!

Slowly.. but carefully

I made my decision. 

WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE.

CHAPTER 18. “Yes, hold on,” I hastily removed my shirt and put on the pile of our bag and her leggings. “Wait, don’t you want photos first?”...