Friday 16 December 2022

THE LOST GENDER IDENTITY.

CHAPTER 25.
DISCHARGED.

“You know you don’t need to do this.”

“I want to. Just let me do it. Tomorrow 10 o’clock.”

“It’s a hassle! I don’t want to trouble you. You’ve done too much...”

“Oh for the love of God, just let me pick you up tomorrow! We’re living together. There’s no trouble with that! Just let me take care of you.”

“Okay...”

“I’m happy you’ll be discharged tomorrow. Remember to call me. I’ll pick you up.”

“Got it. Thanks, Jin.”

Kyuu’s POV

Recently Jin has been really gentle with me. Make sure I rest and eat, taking care of all my needs. It has been a while since someone cared for me. These gestures have thrown me off the hook, making me all gooey and smitten.

I promised myself I would have a talk with Jin once I went back home. I do not want to keep imagining scenarios which might or might not happen. It is time. The moment of truth.

Regardless, talking about my past was something I want to prolong as much as I could. If I could, I would not want to bring it up. Ever. I do not want to lose anyone person.

There might be a time in the future when I will finally accept everything that has happened to me. But for now, please let me seal it up a little further.

Jin, please wait for me. Just a little longer…

Jin’s POV

I tried my best to clean the house. Kyuu is coming back tomorrow! As I focused on tidying things up, I tried hard not to think about all the unsolved things we will need to settle.

A talk is inevitable. I knew it would have to happen someday. The day I will have to recall my mistakes and accept the past. I am still unsure if I could accept it.

Shaking my thoughts out of the gutter, I started to plan the day for tomorrow. I will drive to town and pick up Kyuu’s favourite meal in Kuching: Laksa. I have already gotten his favourite ground coffee; which I will be brewing the next morning. The smell of laksa and coffee will be what he notices upon reaching home.

I imagined his smile, the smile that lights up all the dark spots in my heart. The smile I longed to see once again.

The next day came in a flash. I raced to town for our breakfast before heading home to brew coffee. I made sure to set the table with the tableware set Kyuu loved. The floors are swept, the kitchen is clean, and everything is tidy.

With one last glance of the house, everything is spit spot, just the way I wanted. Perfect! Time to pick Kyuu up.

I sped - legally - to the hospital and parked. I felt jumpy, I felt nervous, and I felt fidgety. A sensation was similar to a first date. I am excited!

The entrance door swung open and Kyuu walked out. I gulped nervously, taking his appearance into view. He was always stunning, but today, he is different.

Instead of his usual black t-shirt, Kyuu had on a Uniqlo white shirt matched with a pair of fitted jeans; his hair was half-up in a loose bun, and that view ended with a new pair of white sneakers. Definitely a different person.

WOW!

Aside from the shocking outfit, Kyuu appeared really relaxed. As if his burdens were lifted from his shoulders. He looked happy.

I strode over and took his bag. He flashed me a wide smile.

“Thanks!”

He is stunning and glowing. I wondered what happened in a few hours. Did he meet someone? Is that someone better than me?

As we got into the car, Kyuu leaned toward me and asked: “I’m starving. Do we have food at home?”

“I got your favourite, and coffee. Sit back and wait till we get home.” I noticed he blushed shyly before mumbling thanks.

Can he get any cuter than this? Probably.

I loved being right. He loved my surprise. Laksa and coffee. Simple yet satisfying. Just watching him wolfed down his food gave me happiness.

Towards the end of our meal, Kyuu was deep in thought. Does he want to talk now? I mean sure, talking is good. But does it mean he is ready to give an answer? Will he reject me? More and more thoughts tumbled into my mind.

“Jin?”

At last, he looked up and called my name. He looks determined. Okay. Here we go.

“What is it?”

“I’m gonna be a dad.”

“............!!!!”

WHAT DID HE SAY?!

WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE.

CHAPTER 18. “Yes, hold on,” I hastily removed my shirt and put on the pile of our bag and her leggings. “Wait, don’t you want photos first?”...