Friday 30 December 2022

PREGNANT.

CHAPTER 4.
I started moving my stuff from August’s house first.

“But sis, I don’t want you to move in with him, then it means you’ll never come back over here,” August whined. I laughed; I love my brother. To be honest, I was nervous myself.

“August, you know I’ll be back over here” I smiled.

He hugged me, “I know, I’m just gonna act like you trynna leave my life.”

I pushed him off me, “You’re annoying.” I grabbed a box and started to carry it; of course, Odell took the box out of my hands.

“You don’t need to do anything but pack your stuff. Don’t strain yourself,” he told me. Before I could reply, he walked out of the room, and Gabby walked in. She came and hugged me.

“What are you doing here, ” I asked?

“Odell told me you wanted me to come help” she looked confused.

“Of course. You’re here to distract me, so I don’t help move boxes,” I told her. She gave me a look we gave each other when someone pissed her off, and she tried not to go off. “Yeah, I know.”

“Well, since I’m here, where is my boyfriend” she smiled.

I shook my head, “He was just in here.”

“Looking for me” August walked into the room.

“Yeah, when did you sneak out of the room,” I asked?

“Before Odell walked out the room,” he sat down on the bed.

“Hey, boyfriend” Gabby sat down beside him.

“Oh shit, Gabby, is that you” August finally looked at her.

“In the flesh. I know a few months can change a person,” she beamed.

“Damn girl, you look fine as hell” August pulled her close to him.

“August, your room is right down the hall,” I reminded them.

“Nah, that’s where I take hoes,” he told me.

“Damn, I’m special,” Gabby spoke up.

I laughed, “Girl, shut up.” Odell came back into the room, and everyone watched as he grabbed another box and left the room.

“Guess I’m not here,” Gabby called out.

“Girl, he doesn’t really know you. Not everyone pays attention to you,” August told her. She flipped her hair, and I laughed. Modeling gave her confidence, but she still is the same Gabby I knew before she blew up. I don’t really care, but she keeps telling me thanks. Although it wasn’t me who got her noticed, it’s cause she knows August.

“Sis, I don’t want you to leave,” August whined.

“Boy, hush” I glared at him. We all laughed. I packed the last box and picked it up. We walked out of the room and down the hallway.

“What did I tell you” Odell came up the stairs.

He tried to take the box away, but I snatched it away from him. “Stop treating me like I’m so goddamn baby.” I brushed past him and towards the stairs. I stopped halfway down the stairs to hear them talk.

“What did I do,” Odell asked?

“What didn’t you do,” Gabby said.

“Dude, she’s not even that far along, and you are already treating her as if she was on bed rest. Ashlyn is independent, and she doesn’t need all that,” August said.

“Plus, if you keep pushing too hard, she’ll end up right back in this house,” Gabby spoke up. I kept going down the stairs and went outside and onto the truck. I sat the box down and got back off the truck. I closed and locked the truck and then sat on the ground.

I didn’t mean to make him feel bad, but I’m only a few weeks pregnant. I don’t need to be babied. I do appreciate him, though.

“Ash,” someone spoke up. I looked up, and Auggy stood there.

“Hey, there, big bro” I gave him a weak smile. He came and sat down beside me; he took my hand and held it.

“You okay,” he asked?

“I don’t know. I’m kinda scared, to be honest” I looked at the ground. Aug made me look at him, and he hugged me.

“If you weren’t ready for this, I wouldn’t let you move out. I know that you are ready to move out, just like I know that you’ll be a great and fantastic mother. Don’t doubt yourself,” August told me.

“Ashlyn,” someone called out. Both August and I looked up, and both Odell and Gabby stood there. August stood up and then helped me up.

“Come one, girlfriend, let’s give them some space” August held out his hand to Gabby. She took his hand, and they walked back into the house. Odell walked up to me and hugged me; I hugged him back.

“I’m sorry. The way I treated you was wrong, and I hope you will forgive me,” Odell apologized.

“Of course. I just don’t want to be treated as a pregnant person, even though I am one. Do you get what I’m saying” I asked?

He nodded, “Yeah, I do.”

“Good. That was the last box. I’m good to go,” I informed him.

He smiled, “Ready when you are.” I grabbed his hand, and he pulled me into another hug. I know that we aren’t at the point of loving each other, but I hope that we can get to that point one day. We will be in each other’s lives for a really long time; I would hope we form some other relationship besides baby daddy and baby mamma. Gabby and August came back out of the house and smiled.

“Alright, let’s get your new home so we can help you move the stuff in there” Gabby clapped his hands together. I nodded and looked up at Odell. He took my hand in his and led me to his car, which I would be driving. He has a 2016 white Lincoln Continental, so I just want you to know that I’m going to be extra careful.

When we arrived, I actually got to help bring in boxes, well, the lightweight boxes, but it was enough.

“Okay, I’m famished,” I said, bringing in the last box.

“I already got something cooking,” Gabby said. I made my way to the table and sat down; I was actually getting a bit dizzy.

“Ash, you okay,” August asked me? He walked up beside me and took my weight, helping me to the couch instead of the table.

“Yeah, just hungry” I laughed it off. I didn’t need any of them to be worried about me. Gabby came up beside me, bringing a plate of breakfast food. Which included eggs, and boy did they stink. I gave her the plate back, went to the closest bathroom, and threw up. This is not fair; I love eggs.

“Okay, yeah, that was my fault. Sorry Ashlyn,” I heard Gabby outside the door.

“It’s fine” was all I managed to say before I threw up again. After a few minutes of sitting there, I felt okay. I got up and gargled some water, then opened the door. August and Gabby stood there with a half-smile on their faces. I looked past them and saw a distraught Odell. I walked up to him, and he pulled me into a hug. I relaxed and hugged him.

“Now I’m famished,” I said. Everyone started laughing. It’s better if they are smiling than worrying about me. I can worry about myself, and so can a doctor. We all sat down and ate; they threw the eggs away for me. So, we all ate Oatmeal, smokey links, and toast. Gabby can cook; I almost forgot that. I think this would be okay; maybe I can do this pregnancy and be a good mother.....

Maybe.

WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE.

CHAPTER 18. “Yes, hold on,” I hastily removed my shirt and put on the pile of our bag and her leggings. “Wait, don’t you want photos first?”...