Friday 30 December 2022

PREGNANT.

CHAPTER 3.

It’s been a few weeks since I found out I was pregnant and since I told both Odell and August. Odell has been by my side and so supportive, but I know that he’s not ready for no kid. Hell, I’m not ready for a kid. I don’t know the first thing about being a parent, but I bet you I’ll be a better parent than my parents ever were.

“You know you don’t have to go,” Odell told me. I slipped on my jeans; thank God I haven’t gained that much weight. I’m only six weeks in, so I am petite at the moment.

“I know, but I don’t wanna be a stick in the house either,” I said.

“No, she just doesn’t want me to look after her no more” August walked into the room. Both Odell and I chuckled. Since August found out I was pregnant, he has been by my side and has been a little overprotective.

“That too,” I mumbled only loud enough for Odell to hear. I looked at Odell with pleading eyes, and he smiled at me.

“Okay, let’s go. We can’t be late,” he replied. I grabbed my purse and took hold of Odell’s hand. I kissed August’s cheek on the way out. Odell was such a gentleman, always opening doors and putting me first. I loved that about him; his parents raised him right. I just wish I could meet his beautiful parents. He hasn’t told them about the baby yet, but I can’t really argue because I have yet to tell my parents. He opened the car door, and I got in. After he closed it and went around and got in himself, he started the car and took off. I hooked my phone up and played my playlist. The first song that came on was August, of course. I love my brother’s music.

“Do we really gotta listen to him” Odell complained jokingly?

“Yes, now hush” I smiled. August’s new song “Wait” came on first, so I sang along.

“I’m not telling you to wait on me

I’m not telling you to wait on me, no

I’m not telling you to wait, but I’m hoping that you’ll wait”

“You sing,” Odell asked? I shrugged and looked outside. I got a little talent like my brother, but I ain’t no singer like him.

“Just a little bit” I smiled.

“Well, keep going,” he urged.

“I got a lot going inside my mind

Don’t think for a minute that I’m a fool

Don’t know what I’ll do if I lose you

You need someone who will be there to hold you

I can’t even say that it’s fair, but I do

Hope you know I’ll always be here if you need me

What I gotta say isn’t easy”

“You need to drop a single” Odell looked at me.

“Nah, I ain’t my brother. That’s his thing, ya know” I looked at the car in front of us.

“I feel you, but you need to start doing something. I’m sure you would do great modeling or even acting,” Odell said.

“I’ve always wanted to try both, but soon I’ll be too fat to model and won’t be able to do everything they need me to do for acting,” I explained.

“Imma get you set up” he ignored my comment.

I chuckled, “Thanks.” We arrived at the stadium that he practices in, and he parked in the back. When I stepped out of the car, I examined my surroundings; expensive cars lined up parked. I sighed; I wish I could make the money they make, then maybe my parents might accept me. Odell touched my back, and I jumped.

“Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you” he smiled. I shrugged it off, and we started walking towards the entrance. “You okay? You seem deep in thought”?

“Yeah, I was just thinking that maybe if I made the type of money you or Aug make, then maybe my parents might accept me.”

He stopped walking and made me face him, ” You are perfect the way you are. If they can’t accept you, that’s their problem, but don’t you dare change”. My heart did a little jump, I loved when he-. Wait, no. No feelings; he is just the baby daddy.

“Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind,” I smiled. Maybe I was looking at this all wrong; maybe I needed to get over the fact that my parents would never love me as much as they love August. I stepped a little ways away from Odell; he didn’t seem to notice. We walked into the locker room, and the whole football team was there, changing. I immediately covered my eyes with my hands. This was so not something I wanted to see, well, maybe a little.

“Odell? Who’s the girl” a guy asked?

“Yeah, she’s hot,” another person made a comment.

“Thank you,” I said automatically. I heard the guys chuckle, and I slowly moved my hands away from my face. A group of guys stood in front of me. Some had their shirts off, while others were fully dressed. Lord, help me keep my mind on track.

“Y’all remember August Alsina” Odell asked? The young men nodded. “This his little sister, Ashlyn Alsina,” Odell said. They all looked at me, speechless.

“I never knew he had a sister,” Eli spoke up.

“A fine little sister at that,” Victor said. I only knew a few of the football players, thanks to Odell and August. August mentioned being friends with them; he even took me to a game, but that girl had been with us, so I left early. I really hope he has left the girls alone, for everyone’s sake.

“Well, here I am. It’s nice to meet you all finally” I smiled. They all just stared at me.

“Come on, let’s get you away from them” Odell went to touch my arm, but I moved out his reach. He gave me a puzzled look, but I just smiled.

“Go ahead, I’ll be right behind you,” I told him. He shrugged and led the way. “Bye, boys” I looked at them once more before following after Odell. I sat in a chair while Odell got ready; I got my phone out of my purse and unlocked it. I had a text from my best friend, also known as my sister. I loved her like she was my real sister; we’ve been together since the 1st grade.

Gabby- We need to get together ASAP

Me- Okai, come to the MetLife Stadium, don’t ask questions, just come.

I swear she ask questions about everything, but she gives good advice, and she has always had my back. She didn’t reply, which met she was on her way.

“Alright, let’s go,” Odell spoke up. I looked up, and he was in full uniform. He had on his “Dark Knight” cleats, with black leggings, red pants, a white t-shirt, and shoulder pads. He had his helmet in his hand. He looked so good; I loved watching him play even though so many people think he can’t play. I stood up, and he held out his hand; I looked at it. Why was he trying to be like this? I thought he didn’t care. I slowly took his hand, and he smiled at me. Maybe I’m looking at this the wrong way.

“Can you hold my phone?” he asked? I nodded. We walked side by side, hand in hand, to the field.

“Good luck,” I smiled. Odell handed me his phone; I know his password just like he knows mine. We had this no secret thing between us, and it actually worked out well.

“Thanks” he kissed my cheek and then jogged away. I sat on the chair provided for me, and I wanted to tell my parents, but I knew they would be against me again.

“Ashlyn! A visitor is here for you,” Eli called out. He was being followed by Gabby. She got here pretty quick. I got up, and she jogged to me, and we hugged. I loved her so much. She’s been away in Atlanta for modeling. She’s fantastic at it too. She wore black heels, blue skinny jeans, and a black shirt that hugged her figure. Her makeup was on point like always, and her hair was pulled up into a bun. She had he Coach purse on her right arm, her iPhone 7 plus was in her right hand, and her sunglasses were in her other hand. Even though she was hella famous and pretty, she stayed my best friend.

“How have you been,” she asked? She looked flawless. She glowed. I turned to the boys, and they all were watching her. I looked at Odell; he met my eye and smiled, which made me smile, then he turned and continued practicing.

“Well,” I started to say. Eli walked up to me and stopped beside me.

“She has nothing on you. Don’t worry,” he whispered to me. I smiled; he was so sweet. Back in high school, she was popular and pretty. People told me I was lucky to be able to hang around her. My self-esteem was so low in high school that I almost committed suicide; my brother helped me out of that. Sometimes even now, when I’m with her, I feel not as attractive, but I have pretty good self-esteem, so I try not to worry about it.

“What did he say to you,” Gabby asked?

“Nothing. I’m fine, how have you been” I replied, trying to change the subject. You could never hold anything back from her; she would hound you until she got the information out of you.

“So tired. Atlanta is so fun, but I miss home. It feels good to be back” she smiled. “Did I miss much”?

“Well, my parents still hate me, my brother hopeful ending things with the girl, I’m pregnant, and I think I might like Odell” I summarized everything.

“Wait, what! Your pregnant” she asked? Of course, that’s all she heard.

“Yeah, I am, now shhh” I frowned.

“Sorry. Omg finally. I can be an Auntie/ Godmother,” she shriek. Well, at least one of us was happy about it. “It’s Odell’s, ain’t it” she finished.

Of course, she knew, “Yeah.”

“How far along are you,” she asked? Her tone was different. I could tell that she noticed how I felt about it.

“About 6 weeks,” I said.

“How is Odell taking it, or even your brother”?

“Well, Odell has been very supportive from the start. Aug was so angry at first, but now he won’t stay out of my face. I’m just glad I have their support now,” I explained.

She touched my arm, ” You have my support as well. I take it you haven’t told your parents” I shook my head, and she smiled. I love that she understands me so much. “That’s fine, I don’t blame you, but soon or later they are going to notice,” she pointed out.

“Thanks. I’m so scared. I don’t know the first thing about being a parent” I felt the tears fall down my face. She hugged me, and I cried harder. At some point, she pulled back, and Odell was standing there with a frown on his face. He got down on his knees and grabbed my hands.

“I promise you that you will never be alone these 9 months and the 18 years we have to raise the kid. Please don’t cry; it makes me feel so bad,” he said. I touched his face and smiled; there was no denying that I loved him. I leaned in and kissed him on the lips. At first, he stiffened up, but then he relaxed and kissed me back. It seemed like we were the only two in the world, and I lost myself kissing him.

“Ahem,” Gabby cleared her throat. I pulled back and looked at Gabby. She had a massive smile on her face.

“Gabby, nice to see you again” Odell smiled.

She grinned, “As well as you.” She turned to me. “Now, how’s my boyfriend”? She was talking about August. They never did date because I wouldn’t allow it, but I know they probably got together behind my back once or twice.

“He’s fine” I frowned.

“Yes, he is,” Gabby agreed. I rolled my eyes, and she laughed, and to my surprise, so did Odell.

I turned to Odell, ” Go practice.” He nodded then stood up. He pulled me up and pulled my body close to him.

“I’m gonna take you somewhere special tonight” he kissed me. I pulled back; first, it was too quiet on the field. I looked, and just as I suspected, everyone was watching us. I’m glad the coaches weren’t on the field; otherwise, they wouldn’t let me return. They said I would be a “distraction.” I don’t even look that good to be a distraction to these young men. Odell jogged back out onto the field, and I sat back down. Gabby and I talked as we waited. After practice, the guys went into the locker room and took showers. I walked with Gabby so that I didn’t have to go in there. Gabby, of course, tried to go in, but I pulled her back out.

“Y’all so cute together, ya know,” she blurted out.

I turned to her, ” Where did that come from”?

“Just watching y’all, I know that y’all would be cute together. I envy you, you know that right,” she spoke.

“Why” I looked at her?

“Your free,” she gave me a half-smile. Yeah, I’m free, but I’m not the person I wanna be.

“Don’t you’ll waste your time,” I told her. “I’m nothing special. Yeah, I’m free, but I’m nothing compared to you”.

“Ash, what did I tell you,” a voice said from behind us. I turned and saw both Eli and Odell stand there. They both looked handsome as ever. I

looked at Odell, but he just looked at Eli.

“What did you tell her,” Gabby and Odell said together. I looked at Eli, he looked at me, and we started laughing.

“Calm down; he was just helping me,” I assured them. Odell didn’t look convinced, and Gabby just watched us.

I grabbed Odell’s and Gabby’s hands and pulled them along. “Bye, Eli,” I called out.

“Keep ya head up,” he said. I looked back and smiled at him. When we got outside, we agreed to meet back at Odell’s house (mansion). Odell opened the door for me, and I got in, then he went around and got in himself. Did I tell y’all how much of gentlemen he was?

“So I’ve been thinking about you. I want you to officially move in with me,” Odell announced. I looked at him, then turned back to look out the window.

“What made you decide that all of a sudden”?

“We’ve known each other for almost two years. I like you and would like to be yours if you would have me. Also, I want to be there for both of y’all,” he answered. I took a deep breath and let it out. Moving in is a big step, like a huge step. But I know that I have feelings for him, and I know he got those same feelings. If moving in is going to get him to admit those feelings, then, by all means, I was going to take it.

“Count me in” I smiled.

WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE.

CHAPTER 18. “Yes, hold on,” I hastily removed my shirt and put on the pile of our bag and her leggings. “Wait, don’t you want photos first?”...