Friday 16 December 2022

THE LOST GENDER IDENTITY.

CHAPTER 21.
BE WITH YOU.

Jin’s POV

Staring at the emergency room, memories flooded back. I hated hospitals. Not once have I ever been back. Not since that day...

But I had to. Seeing Kyuu in this state scares me. I know he has a past. But to what extent I could not tell.

I looked up at the clock ticking by. Time still passes so slowly. I wonder how long it will take. Please be okay.

Please don’t take another person away from me…

FLASHBACK:

I remembered the first time I laid eyes on Kyuu.

He was beautiful. So beautiful. His black hair grew out outreaching his neck, sad hooded brown eyes that were slightly slanted downwards, his perfectly-shaped lips, his always-visible collarbone, small weak hands, his frail figure... Although he looks good in his usual black attire, blue is definitely his colour.

My first impression of him was a cold person. As if he did not want to associate with anyone. He was always staring off to the distance with a sorrowful expression of agony and regret. He is like me.

I pluck up the courage to say hi. Waiting to be turned down, I stared at the floor using my thoughts to comfort me. But I wondered why I was so fixated on this one guy. Why is he different?

Silence.

I lifted my head out of confusion and made eye contact with him. He gave me a smile. Not an I-don’t-like-you-but-I-will-still-smile-to-be-polite-smile but a genuine smile. He looks so delicious! Can I kiss him? Please don’t. I do not want to scare him off.

I smiled back and sat down. We drank and talked for hours. The more I understood him, the more I wanted him. The more I wanted him, the more I felt remorseful. I am not meant to be happy. I shouldn’t be.

All our times together were treasures. Me inviting him to live together was my last straw. I had to lock my door that first night. I knew I should not go off with a random guy I did not care about. But my patience was hanging on a thread.

Realizing Kyuu saw me kissing someone, my body shifted so fast. I wanted to hug him. I wanted to scream that he was all I could think about. But I could not say anything. I stared at my front porch where Kyuu ran without looking at me. My heart shattered.

I stood at the entrance of his bathroom door. I heard the shower running. Knocking lightly, I whispered his name. No answer. My heart was torn. Should I explain? Will it imply something?

“SHUT UP!!!”

Huh??? Was that a voice? No... I did not hear anything. Why did I hear that? Who’s voice?

I looked back at the door. My heart felt heavy. Another flashback appeared. The one I was too late for. Too late to stop it. This time. I will not let it happen again.

The door is locked! Damn it!!! It took me three kicks to break the door down. I rushed in and saw Kyuu unconscious with clothes on. There was blood everywhere. He cut his thighs. His stomach. And his wrist.

“KYUU!!” I screamed at him. Please look at me.

After countless screams of calling his name, Kyuu stirred and groaned, his eyes fluttering open. Thank the Gods!! I lifted him up and felt him pull away. He hates being touched.

“Kyuu. It’s me. It’s okay now. I’m here. Let’s go to the hospital.” I whisper, kissing his forehead. Please stay with me. I dialled my phone for an ambulance. Hurry up!!

“J-Jin... Why? Don’t leave. Stay with me” Kyuu cries before fainting in my arms. His expression was serene.

“Ssssshhhhh....” I murmured softly, pressing towels on his cuts. Where is the ambulance?! I carried him out to the living room. Sinking him down on the floor, I could feel his temperature decreasing. Shit!! I hugged him as tight as I could. Don’t leave!

The feelings of helplessness returned. I hated it.

END OF FLASHBACK

Bang! The doors finally opened.

I pleaded for the doctor to say something. Anything. My mouth opened but no sound came out. I was scared. My tears slowly surfaced as I tried hard not to blink.

“He’s fine. He lost a lot of blood so we gave him a transfusion. We will keep him here for a day or two to monitor his condition.” I nodded meekly. “You can see him now. But he’s still unconscious.”

I stood over his bed, watching him breathe in his sleep. I took his hand and gripped it tightly. The warmness of his hand reassured my worries. He is fine. He is alive. I sat down and rubbed his hand on my cheek.

“I can’t lose you. I can’t let you go. I wouldn’t let you go. Stay with me” I sobbed silently. He is important to me. No matter what. I could not run away anymore.

I will be here. Right here. To care for you. To protect you. To take away your burden. Your pain. I will not run away. I will not leave you. I will love you with all my heart. I promise.

I slowly pressed my lips to his. Our first kiss with my promise.

It is both of us against the world.

We. Us. Ours. Together. 

WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE.

CHAPTER 18. “Yes, hold on,” I hastily removed my shirt and put on the pile of our bag and her leggings. “Wait, don’t you want photos first?”...