Friday 16 December 2022

THE LOST GENDER IDENTITY.

CHAPTER 20.
MY FIGHT.

“Wait.. please.. don’t go... don’t leave... I’m sorry… Please... Forgive me… Please…”

I am surrounded by darkness. I do not know where I am. I could not see anyone. I could not feel anything.

I am exhausted. My mind is tired.

A path of walk to no destination. No direction.

Slowly, I walked into brightness.

A warm bright room of whiteness. There is no end. There is no door. There is no one.

I walked and walked. There really is no end. I stopped and looked around.

Where am I?

I see silhouettes of people. People I know. People I remember.

My parents. Yuriko. Rin. Shin. Jin.

I stared hungrily at them.

I reached out. I wanted to hug them. I wanted to feel them. I wanted to be hugged by them. I longed for affection and love.

I could not.

My hands are transparent. I am transparent.

I am invisible?!

No one sees me.

Why does no one see me?

I woke up with tears running down my face. My heart hurts. My body feels heavy. My mind is running. There is no off switch.

I got up and opened my curtains. 8 am. The perfect time to enjoy the view of early dawn as the sun just rose above the peak of the sky.

I got dressed and went down to the kitchen. Jin was not back yet. I made myself breakfast and lazed around before getting out for a walk. I walked along the street watching people as they hurry by.

As I looked at them, nostalgia hit me. I remembered my life back in Japan. I used to rush to the office, going through work for 10 hours a day while right now; I did not blend in with any of the working class. It was as if I do not fit in any company at all.

My heart pierced in pain at the fact that I had changed every part of my life.

I could have a happy family with my real family back in Kyoto, but I abandoned it for freedom.

I could be safe enough if I was not curious to be abducted and transformed into another life.

It would be normal if I was not bold enough to search for Shin when he was late for a meeting.

I would be fine if I did not choose to “visit” his villa when my sister advised me not to.

I would be fine if I did not leave my second family.

Most of all, I would be perfectly fine if I did not fall in love with Kawamura Shin.

My heart sank as I recalled every single memory of my devastated life...

My decisions. Are utter shit.

Moments of internal cries finally settle back to chaos.

I made it home to see a car parked outside our house. Jin got out and walked to the driver’s window. I watched as he leaned in to kiss the driver.

Ouch! I felt my heart throb.

No. No. NO!!! I froze my heart. It is not supposed to feel this way.

Stop it right now!!

I ran past Jin into the house and bolted my room door. These emotions need to stop. I just need to cool down. That is right. Everything will be fine.

I walked to my bathroom and turned on the shower. I sat on the floor as the cold water soaked into my clothes. I began rocking my body to and fro. My mind starts working. The words. The darkness. The voice. It is endless. It is limitless.

I do not know how long I was pushing out my mind. My thoughts. I screamed internally. LEAVE ME ALONE!!! These tortures wouldn’t stop...

I started banging my head, wishing the words would stop. It did not. My ears were ringing. I need release. I need to escape. Just once. Please.

“Shaaaaaaa......” The sound of the showers. Oh yeah. I was showering.

Did my mind finally stop? Did I succeed?

The pounding stopped. The chaos stopped. The voice stopped. Silence. Peace. Heaven.

“KYUU!!”

Is that my name? I blinked slowly. My vision blurred. I see a figure towering over me. I released my fingers and grimaced. My arm hurts. Why?

Someone lifted me up. Who? I struggled to break free. I do not like this. Let go.

“Kyuu. It’s me. It’s okay now. I’m here. Let’s go to the hospital.” Jin’s gentle voice whispered in my ear.

“J-Jin... Why? Don’t leave. Stay with me” I wheezed out my words.

“Sssshhhhh...”

Finally, I liberate my strength. Everything I had. Everything I was enduring. Nothing was left.

My mind is quiet. Finally. 

WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE.

CHAPTER 18. “Yes, hold on,” I hastily removed my shirt and put on the pile of our bag and her leggings. “Wait, don’t you want photos first?”...